SUPERCHARGING THE FUTURE
Helen Ventures invests 50 million euros in the most innovative and transformative European startups in the energy, e-mobility, circular economy, decarbonisation and digital solutions sectors. Together we supercharge the future. We accelerate the growth of early and growth stage companies through our profound energy market insights and by collaborating with our customers and industry experts.
Helen Ventures is part of Helen Ltd., an energy company giving everyone the chance to enjoy the opportunities of the new energy era.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experienced and versatile teams with high energy, clear vision and strong execution capability.
- Innovative ideas with sustainable competitive advantage.
- Large market potential and scalable business models.
- Eagerness to collaborate with Helen.
- Global mindset.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- You are solid. Ground your future with long-term financing.
- You execute. Get access to agile piloting opportunities.
- You shine. Enter the energy market through Helen’s existing customer base.
- You are connected. Open doors in the energy sector and financing ecosystems.
- You are credible. Stand taller with Helen’s solid energy sector expertise.
- You grow. Develop your business with energy sector talents.
- You succeed. Join forces to build a revolutionary carbon neutral future.
A platform for joint growth
We value open and smooth collaboration and strive to build a more sustainable tomorrow.
Helen’s heating and cooling energy system in Helsinki provides a unique platform for piloting new technologies, and the 500,000+ customers open a gateway to effectively scale your business.
We open doors and connect people and ideas in the energy sector and venture capital ecosystem.
Helen Ventures’ investment scope is 50 million euros. In addition to accelerating your growth with financing, we also provide access to customers, talent and know-how.
Future energy solutions and new innovative technologies are an integral part of our strategy and we are committed to become carbon neutral by 2030. We also collaborate with other investors.
Key areas for investments
- Renewable energy technology
- Smart energy solutions (incl. smart building solutions)
- Distributed energy solutions
- Circular economy and decarbonisation
- Digital solutions applicable to energy sector
Charged up and Ready to Go – Helen Ventures’ portfolio company Virta Accelerates the Global Transition to Cleaner Mobility While Achieving Impressive Growth
Entering the 2010s, electric vehicle development as we know it was starting to take shape, but there were only few who held the belief that the future of transportation would be heavily reliant on electricity. Among these few were Jussi Palola and Elias Pöyry, the founders of Virta. With their vision, initial support from Tekes (the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, now Business Finland), and a collective effort from Finland’s energy sector, electric vehicle charging platform Virta was born. On its journey to global expansion, Virta has been supported by multiple venture capital and private equity investors. Today, it is the fastest-growing electric vehicle charging platform in Europe, operating in over 35 countries across Europe and Asia.
Freesi receives new investment from PropTech group Hydda
Indoor climate and energy optimization software provider Freesi today announced a new investment from Swedish Hydda, a fast-growing PropTech group, backed by BLQ Invest and Vasakronan. The investment further strengthens Hydda’s service offering in energy efficiency, ESG and Smart metering.
Sustainable Use of Electric Vehicle Batteries - Voltfang Secures €5 Million Financing
Voltfang, the clean-tech startup for energy storage from second-life electric vehicle batteries, has secured €5 million in new capital to scale its production. The consortium is led by the lead investor PT1 - PropTech1 Ventures. Other investors include Helen Ventures, Aurum Impact, Eviny, and the existing investor AENU.